PYA Senior Manager Mark Brumbelow will present “Transitioning Within a New Market” at the American Land Title Association’s (ALTA) 2016 Annual Convention, October 4-7, 2016, at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The presentation will provide insight into proper succession planning, as title or settlement agents contemplate retirement or an exit strategy. It will analyze various ownership transition options available to business owners as they consider retirement, expansion, or ownership succession. Attendees will learn about:
- The common components of every succession plan.
- The importance of identifying and developing the right team members to step into leadership roles and how to expand the candidate pool, if necessary.
- The role family dynamics play in the success or failure of a succession plan.
- The impact taxes have on a succession plan and ways to get the best tax treatment for your particular situation.
Debra Gentry, Director of ALTA Best Practices Group at PYA, also will present “Compliance Is One of the Best Ways to Market Your Business.” Her presentation will cover:
- The use of the compliance “seal of approval” when promoting title services to the marketplace.
- The role of social media.
- Radio/TV advertisement.
- Other industry relationships that may be used to promote your services.
If you are unable to attend the ALTA Annual Convention, but would like more information about succession planning or capitalizing on compliance to grow your business, contact one of our executives.